Shri. M B Rajesh, Hon. Speaker of Kerala Legislative Assembly.
Shri. M B Rajesh is the eldest son of Shri. Balakrishnan Nair and Smt. M. K. Remani. He was born in Jalandhar, Punjab on 12 March 1971 while his father was serving the Indian Army in Punjab. A native of Chalavara, Shornur, in Palakkad District of Kerala. Shri. M B Rajesh was a Member of Parliament from Palakkad constituency. He was elected as MP for two consecutive terms. In 2021 he was elected to Kerala Legislative Assembly from Thrithala constituency, Palakkad district. During his tenure in Lok Sabha during 2009 – 2014 Shri. Rajesh proved his caliber as a parliamentarian. He raised more than 500 questions on various issues, took part in more than 130 debates and could spent 93 percent of his MP Local Area Development fund. The issues raised by Shri. Rajesh on topics like economic policies, environment and fuel price issues were widely debated and accepted by other members also. Shri. M B Rajesh did his graduation in Law from the University of Kerala and MA in Economics from the NSS College, Ottapalam, affiliated to the University of Calicut. Then he served as a Lawyer and a journalist before joining politics. He was the chief editor, Malayalam Monthly ‘Yuvadhara’. Later he became a Member of Standing Committee on Energy. By profession, he is an advocate. Shri. M B Rajesh is married to Smt. R Ninitha.
|Father's Name||Shri Balakrishnan Nair|
|Mother's Name||Smt. M. K. Remani|
|Date of Birth||12 Mar 1971|
|Date of Marriage||21 Dec 2003|
|Spouse's Name||Smt. R. Ninitha|
|Educational Qualifications||M.A. (Economics), LL.B.
Educated at NSS College Ottappalam,
University of Calicut and Kerala Law
Academy, Trivandrum, University of Kerala
|Permanent Address||Nalinakanthi, Kadamkode, P.O.
Karinagarappully, Palakkad, Kerala
Tel : (0491) 2507000, 09446343499(M)
2009: Elected to 15th Lok Sabha
31 Aug. 2009: Member, Standing Committee on Energy
31 Aug. 2012: Member, Committee on Welfare of Other Backward Classes (OBCs) 2013-2014
May, 2014: Re-elected to 16 th Lok Sabha (2nd term)
1 Sep. 2014: onwards Member, Standing Committee on Energy Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Agriculture
(i) History Will Impeach Them(Charithram Avare Kuttakarennu Vidhikkum)
(ii)Agolavatkaranathinte Virudha Lokangal (Contradictory Worlds of Globalisation)
(iii) Editor, compilation of articles on Global Recession, 2008, Malayalam (Agola Sampathika Prathisandhiyude Manangal)
|Literary, Artistic & Scientific Accomplishments||Written about 100 articles on various subjects in news papers and periodicals; chief
editor, Malayalam Monthly `Yuvadhara`; former chief editor, Malayam Monthly
`Student, 2000-2002`; Won several prizes in elocution, essay writing and quiz at
college and university level competitions
|Favourite Pastime and Recreation||Music|
|Sports and Clubs||Football, cricket, hockey, athletics etc.|
|Countries Visited||Algeria, Cuba, France, Portugal and Russia|
M B Rajesh elected MLA from Thrithala constituency and appointed the speaker of Legislative Assembly of Kerala.
- 2021 : M B Rajesh elected MLA from Thrithala constituency and appointed the speaker of Legislative Assembly of Kerala.
- 2014 : Re-elected to 16th Lok Sabha M P Veerendrakumar of SJ by a margin of one lakh votes.
- 2014 : Member, Standing Committee on Energy and Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Agriculture.
- 2012 : Member, Committee on Welfare of Other Backward Classes (OBCs) 2013-2014 2009 : Elected to 15th Lok Sabha from Pallakad where he defeated Satheesan Pacheni by a low margin of 2000 votes. Later he became a Member of Standing Committee on Energy.
- 1991 : Rajesh was very active in politics since his student life. He served as the President and then Secretary of SFI Kerala State Committee. He also held positions including the Joint Secretary and Vice President of SFI Central Committee. Later he became a member of CPI(M).